Atei Italiani
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair

3 partecipanti

Andare in basso

Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Empty Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair

Messaggio Da Rasputin Dom 28 Nov 2010 - 12:37

Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Merini10- Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Rusp_c10
Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair CIAcsAME_o
Rasputin
Rasputin

Maschio Numero di messaggi : 60491
Occupazione/Hobby : On the run
SCALA DI DAWKINS :
Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Left_bar_bleue70 / 7070 / 70Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Right_bar_bleue

Torna in alto Andare in basso

Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Empty Re: Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair

Messaggio Da SergioAD Lun 29 Nov 2010 - 1:32

I'm coming from the “bossa” thread where you shot down a couple of bands, I'm not defending anyone but going back to the middle sixties progressive rock if you mention the “Genesis” it leads to the Beatles and the Beegees.

I saw the first two parts of the debate you have proposed, I shall see it all of course. So it is not whether God exists or not, but is religion a force for peace or conflict in the world.

Blair gave the way to Hitchens with the Northern Ireland example! That was naive indeed, make Hitchens say; "Four-hundred years and more in my own country of birth of people killing each other's children depending on what kind of Christian they were."

However it is one of the conflicts and controversies I was talking about some time ago. Is there always a right answer each time masses need to be controlled?

I have experiences where I personally gained control over situations by simply using religious metaphors – I saved the life of a person, got the respect of the audience and similar not rare situations. But if it is normal to extract citations from poems or songs then it is most appropriate to do it from holy scriptures.

We have more than one thread around here exactly about politics versus philosophy. If you don't understand what it is and don't know what to do then use politics through religion or its substitutes else if you do understand and know what to do you wont need politics. One may ask himself if this is possible.

SergioAD
-------------
-------------

Maschio Numero di messaggi : 6890
SCALA DI DAWKINS :
Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Left_bar_bleue0 / 700 / 70Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Right_bar_bleue

Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Empty Re: Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair

Messaggio Da Rasputin Lun 29 Nov 2010 - 19:25

I'm going OT to quickly comment your remark on Beatles and Bee Gibbons, how could you possibly compare them?

IT: watching the whole debate takes over 90 minutes, but it's worthwile wink..

Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Merini10- Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Rusp_c10
Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair CIAcsAME_o
Rasputin
Rasputin

Maschio Numero di messaggi : 60491
Occupazione/Hobby : On the run
SCALA DI DAWKINS :
Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Left_bar_bleue70 / 7070 / 70Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Right_bar_bleue

Messaggio Da davide Lun 29 Nov 2010 - 22:27

Is Bee Gibbons cousin of the Bee Gees? Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair 649521 Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair 610126

davide
-------------
-------------

Maschio Numero di messaggi : 11190
SCALA DI DAWKINS :
Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Left_bar_bleue0 / 700 / 70Toronto, the day before yesterday Hitchens vs. Blair Right_bar_bleue

Messaggio Da SergioAD Lun 29 Nov 2010 - 22:42

Yes, it was interesting, yet I still need an answer regarding what to do with those who need god for participating.

Music. Because the genesis started to make music when the Beatles where ruling, there was no other choice - strawberry fields for ever and don't let me down. The Bee Gees? that is for the Genesis, in addition to King Crinsom and even Vangelis.

SergioAD
-------------
-------------

Maschio Numero di messaggi : 6890
SCALA DI DAWKINS :

Messaggio Da Contenuto sponsorizzato

Contenuto sponsorizzato

- Argomenti simili